Friday, December 20, 2019

{October & November Recap}

Good gracious y'all, I am so far behind on this blog.  My first thought was that I would just start fresh in January, but I have kept it up for 6 years...I don't want to stop now! It might take a little digging back in the cobwebs to remember what I've done, but I'm going to do my best.

The last week in October, I hosted my annual Halloween party.  We had lots of yummy food as usual & went on a hayride.  The Astros were playing in the World Series so of course everyone's eyes were glued to the TV most of the night.

The following week was Halloween so everyone came to my house to trick-or-treat.  Pretty sure it was the most trick-or-treaters that I have ever had.  I passed out A LOT of candy.
On November 2nd, we celebrated Nola's 5th birthday.  Not sure how in the world that happened?!  Pretty sure she was just a puppy!
We also went to the Allied Ace Ladies' Night which is always a favorite.  Free wine & food samples while shopping...doesn't get much better than that!
 
I also got to spend a few evenings with these cuties.  Bo is talking up a storm now & an absolute hoot!
On November 10th, we celebrated Mama's birthday at the nursing home with cake & cookies.
Winter randomly appeared for a day & we had snow in the forecast.  Unfortunately we didn't get any, but the cold weather was nice.  So we cranked up the fireplace & a Hallmark movie and got cozy.  Nola was a fan as you can tell.  We have had a relatively mild winter which is disappointing...and it's supposed to be 75 on Christmas day! =(
On the 16th, Amy, Khloe, Mason & I went to the A&M/South Carolina game.  There's nothing quite like game day in Aggieland...even if we suck.
The following week, our work group celebrated Christmas a little early with a girl's night at place downtown called Board & Brush where you paint wooden signs.  I wasn't super happy with how mine turned out, but it was a lot of fun.
 
2 days later, we left for our annual football road trip, this time headed to Athens, GA!  I'll do a separate post on that soon, but we had a fabulous time...despite the rain & loss.
I got back home late Sunday night & took Monday off to recover and get ready for Thanksgiving.  We didn't actually celebrate until the following Sunday, but on Thanksgiving Day - Mom & I went to lunch at Amy & KC's.  I think I needed less food...or a bigger plate.=)
 After stuffing ourselves, Amy, Abby, Susie, Sandra & I headed out to do a little shopping cardio!  I never really buy anything on Black Friday {Thursday?!}, but I just like going.  We hit up a lot of stores & were home by about midnight...and back at it Friday morning by 8:00am.
Phew...I think I'm done.  I will be back soon with a recap of our Georgia road trip & a recap of December...the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment