Tuesday, May 7, 2019

{Life Lately}

Happy May, y'all!  We are one week in & it's been a busy one.  Here's a little peek at life lately...

The last Sunday in April was the Blue Bell picnic.  It was a Luau theme and the decor, food & drinks were on point!  Of course I didn't win at bingo - I haven't in 22 years - so I'm not sure why I think I would this year.  Ha!
This past weekend was Maifest & it was quite the weekend to say the least.  We are clearly in a rainy pattern because y'all - it has rained A LOT!  But I'm not complaining because my water bill really appreciates it.  The original plan was to have the Junior Coronation Friday night, parade Saturday morning & Senior Coronation Saturday night.  Rain was predicted Thursday & Friday, with a 100% chance on Friday.  So, they made the decision Thursday morning to move the Junior Coronation to that evening.  They got all the kids there & on the field and then this happened...
 
{Morgan was Cinderella.}  Despite their best efforts to have it, the rain, thunder & lightning continued so they had to cancel it.  It was rescheduled for Saturday morning & the parade for Sunday afternoon.  Saturday was a gorgeous day & it went off without a hitch!
We went to lunch & the grocery store and then Kelly & I headed back down to work the bar for a few hours.  I made a quick trip to College Station that morning and then came home & watched the parade on Facebook Live.
I mowed and then Nola & I walked...y'all - it was HOT.
 We celebrated Cinco de Mayo with tacos & a relaxing evening in the backyard.
Needless to say, by Monday morning - this is how we were both feeling...
I'm thinking maybe June will be a slower month...ha! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment