Wednesday, November 14, 2018

{Life Lately}

Oh my goodness!!  I am soooooo far behind!  I know I sound like a broken record, but while this is my absolute favorite time of the year - it's also the busiest.  It's been something practically every day for the last month...and the next month isn't looking much better!

But here's a quick recap of what's been going on in my life lately...

{Halloween}
This was the second year in a row that Halloween basically got rained out, and it was so disappointing. =(  The weather forecast had been calling for rain & thunderstorms all day, but thankfully we had a small break between 5-6 so everyone got to do a little trick-or-treating.  It started drizzling around 6:15 & then came a flood around 6:30 and rained the rest of the night.  I had a few die-hard kiddos show up in the pouring rain throughout the evening...and needless to say - they got extra candy!  Morgan & Ella came and helped pass out candy, and a few of my favorite trick or treaters stopped by.  And wasn't Nola the cutest bubble bee?!  Clearly she wasn't a fan of her antenna hood. =)  But she loves sitting outside & watching all the kiddos walk up.
{Garage Sale}
On Friday & Saturday, I had a garage sale at my house. We normally only do them one day, but we were having a neighborhood garage sale on Saturday so we decided to open both.  After the storms on Wednesday, we ended up having gorgeous weather both days & sold LOTS of stuff!
{Nola's 4th Birthday}
On Saturday the 3rd, my sweet 4-legged baby girl turned 4!!  So hard to believe that she is that old ready....seems like just yesterday that she was a puppy.  Morgan & I baked her cupcakes and she got a few new toys & treats.  Morgan spent the night so of course she was in heaven!
And an added bonus...we saw this cutie while on our walk!
{Allied Ace Ladies' Night}
Every year, several friends & I go to a ladies' night at a local store.  You get free wine, get to sample all sorts of goodies & save 20% off your purchase.  I mean, it doesn't get much better than that!  Unfortunately Carol was sick this year so she had to miss out, but Kelly, Felicia & I had a great time!
{Christmas Decorating Started}
Until last night, this is what my house looked like...& I nearly lost it.  But, I'm down to one more room & then the outside...and then I will officially be done decking the walls!
 
{Texas A&M vs. Ole Miss Football Game}
 This past Saturday - Amy, Khloe, Mason & I  went and watched the Aggie's BTHO Ole Miss.  They almost BTHO of us...but thankfully we pulled it out in the end.  We nearly froze to death and it drizzled off & on, but we had a great time.
{Daylight Savings Time}
Someone isn't adjusting too well to the time change...I'll let you guess who. =)
{Winter Has Arrived in Texas!}
After reaching the 90's last week, looks like we skipped over fall & went straight to winter!  A cold front came in on Monday & majorly dropped the temps.  High was in the 30's on Tuesday & last night, we got down into the 20's.  We even had a little combo of sleet & snow flurries... In Texas.  In November.  Just crazy!!

That's a look at life lately!  I'm working on a few design projects & next week is Thanksgiving.  And, in less than 3 weeks, we leave for NYC.  It's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment