Monday, September 10, 2018

{Matagorda}

Happy Monday!  We are in the 70's today with clouds & rain...it's heavenly!  Fingers crossed the amazing temps stick around for a while!

On Friday, Colby turned 30 so we headed to Matagorda to celebrate!  They went down Friday so I picked Bo up that afternoon from school.  Mom, Dad & Morgan came over and we had a big sleepover because we planned to leave early Saturday morning.

Nola was thrilled to have a house full of all her favorite people!  She has gotten so sweet around Bo & he even calls her by name now!
We hit the road Saturday morning, stopped for breakfast & arrived in Matagorda around lunch time. 
I'm the first to admit that the beach isn't my favorite place. I like to go & don't mind going...but you will most likely never find me taking a "beach" vacation.  I don't really know why?!  It's just never been my thing.  But, with that said - the beach was really pretty there.  It was nice & secluded and we weren't surrounded by lots of people like you are in Galveston.
We spent most of the day just hanging out.  It was supposed to rain but it was clear skies & the temps weren't bad at all.
We got home around 9:30 that night, just in time to watch the Aggies almost pull out the win over Clemson.  I know a loss is a loss, but we played WAY better than anyone thought we would.  Gives me hope for the rest of the season.  

Sunday was all about this! =)
Have a great week & stay dry!


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had a great day at the beach! We are complete opposites in that I would live on the beach if that were possible! LOL! I am also not ready for the pumpkins yet either...I am wishing summer back! LOL! Your family is adorable though and looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok..shut up! We go to Matagorda fishing all the time and I grew up in Wharton.

    ReplyDelete