Friday, August 31, 2018

{August Recap}

Happy last day of August & hello 3 day weekend!  No big Labor Day plans...but I am so ready for an extra day off.

It's hard to believe we are headed into the holiday months already.  Once September 1st gets here, time please slow down!!  I want to soak up every second of my most favorite time of the year.  From the decor, to the parties & festivities...and football of course!  Speaking of - Aggie football returned last night!!  We will see how we do under new coach Jimbo Fisher {we are paying him enough...so he better win a few games!!}.
Since I've been terrible about blogging lately, here's a quick recap of August!

The first weekend I had a wedding for a coworker's daughter & I was the "unofficial" wedding coordinator.  I helped organize & plan, decorate the day before & then keep everything running smoothly on Saturday. It was held at a gorgeous venue in Round Top called The Compound.
The next week we took a road trip to Waco to see all things Magnolia.  You can read about that trip here.
Last week was the Washington County A&M Club Aggie Family Fun Night at Fireman's Park.  It was crazy hot, but we had a great turn out.
I got to keep this cutie one evening...
And celebrated #NationalDogDay!
Other than that - it's been ALL THINGS FALL!  Yes, I know it's still 100 degrees outside & we aren't even close to the "official" first day of fall, but I am so ready!  Yes, my house is decorated & yes, I may have made chili this past weekend.  I'm trying my hand at growing pumpkins again. Just when I had given up hope, I went outside last night & had 2 baby pumpkins growing.  Now let's just hope they mature!
 
So there you have it...August in a nutshell!
Now excuse me while I go put on my plaid flannel shirt, scarf & boots and sip on my PSL.=)

2 comments:

  1. You must have done an amazing job on the wedding planning - from the pictures it looks perfect! Great work! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was fun to help plan. Can't take credit for the flowers, but the ladies that did them did a fabulous job! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete