Friday, May 12, 2017

{Chicken Pot Pie Fettuccine}

Happy Friday friends!  I'm always on the lookout for simple, quick {& inexpensive} meals to make so when I come across one that I like, I want to share it with you!  I got this one in an email from Pillsbury a few weeks ago & I finally got around to making it Sunday evening.  I love pot pies so what's better than a one-pot pot pie pasta dish!  How's that for a tongue twister?! =)

Chicken Pot Pie Fettuccine
Ingredients:
4 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 carton (32oz) Progresso chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
Salt & pepper to taste
3/4 lb uncooked fettuccine
2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
 
1. In 4-quart pot or Dutch oven, melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat; gradually beat in 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour with whisk until mixture is thick and smooth. 
2. Gradually pour in 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk, beating until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low.
3. Add 3/4 lb uncooked fettuccine; cook about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender and majority of liquid is absorbed. 
4. Stir in 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken and 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed; cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper; enjoy! 
 
It made LOTS so I had leftovers for days.  But it was super easy & really good! 
Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment