Thursday, August 25, 2016

{SUYL Home Tour: Backyards}

Howdy y'all!  It's the last week of Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life Home Tour & this week it's backyards! 

My last house had a large backyard by city standards & I swore that my next yard would be much smaller.  Fast forward a few years & this yard is over 4,000 square feet LARGER!!  What the heck was I thinking?!  I was pretty set on having a lot where the sun set in the front yard & where I didn't have neighbors behind me.  The only lots that fit that criteria were larger...and therefore larger I got!

It's been raining  A LOT in Texas lately {which I'm not complaining...check out this green grass in AUGUST!}.  But, needless to say - it's been nearly impossible to get pictures of the yard on a pretty sunny day.  So rain soaked it is!

Here's the front:
And here's the back:
Right now, it's a large, blank space & one day I hope to be able to landscape it, have a nice patio with a firepit...oh & a pool would be great too. Ha! =)  Until then, I will continue adding my clearance trees from Lowe's one by one....and I'll get there one day!!
One thing I did add during the building process was a deck & I absolutely LOVE it!  Best decision ever.  It really turns the tiny covered patio into a usable space.  Nola says welcome!
Last spring, I added this firepit.  It's perfect for cool, fall evenings & making s'mores! I hope to put a patio of some sort around it in the future & string patio lights.
That's it!  Nothing fancy, but it's perfect for me.  Thanks for stopping by! 
You can see the rest of my home tour here:
Living Room | Dining Room | Kitchen | Master Bedroom | Guest Bedroom | Home Office | Laundry Room
You can also follow me on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment