Monday, February 29, 2016

{Spring Has Sprung}

Happy Monday & Happy Leap Day!  Well, as much as I hate to admit it - it looks like the groundhog was right...spring is coming sooner than later!  Spring I don't mind so much, it's the 100+ temps that I know will soon follow. This weekend was gorgeous so I took full advantage of it.  

But first - Friday night I finished up the week-long birthday celebration with dinner & drinks with my bff's. Starting out & ending the week with margaritas & Mexican food is my find of week!
Saturday & Sunday was hard core yard work all.day.long.  I cut back plants, put out 15 bags of mulch & built a new 16 foot flowerbed along my back fence.  And mowed.  Needless to say, by the time I crawled into bed last night, I wasn't sure if I would be able to get back out of it this morning.  One bonus?  I put in over 20,000 steps each day!
 
I know it doesn't look like a lot, but hopefully once everything grows & fills in, it will provide a focal point for the back yard.  Unfortunately everything that happened last year derailed my plans; slowly but surely I will get there...it will just take a little longer than expected.  It will definitely be a work in progress for the next few years.
Sunday morning our church moved back into our sanctuary after a 14 month renovation.  Our fellowship hall served us well, but it just wasn't quite the same.  It was so good to be back "home". And it looks fabulous!
In addition to all the yard work, Nola & I spent lots of time on the walking trails every evening.  It is the highlight of her day {& a great way to burn off all her extra energy}...and she has a new-found love for the creek! =)
Hope you have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment