Monday, December 14, 2015

{1st Annual Cookie Exchange Party}

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  It rained here most of the day Saturday & Sunday, but at least it's finally a tad cooler.  Near 90 temps in December was for the birds!  I was told we were supposed to have a  cold, wet winter.  Well, somebody lied!

On Sunday I hosted my first cookie exchange party for the neighborhood ladies.  I love hosting parties, especially during the holidays.  I waited too long to set a date so only 7 ladies were able to make it, but we had great time.  I provided light snacks & wine, and everyone brought 4 dozen cookies each.  Whenever I host a party, I am so worried about people being bored & not having anything to "do", but before we knew it - 2 hours had passed!  We got to know everyone a little better, swapped house stories & just enjoyed great conversation.  Sonya brought her famous homemade eggnog so I tried it for the first time...and it was actually good!  I think the whole "it contains raw eggs" was a mental thing that kept me from always trying it.  =)
I bought everyone a cute little Christmas tin to put their cookies in so we just went around the table & got about 1/2 a dozen of each person's cookies.  In the end, everyone left with a nice variety of yummy goodies! 
Around 7:00, some of us decided to head to Los Cabos for supper & then we called it a night.  I am very fortunate to be surrounded by such awesome neighbors who are now friends.  And I love how we range in age from 20's - 70's, married to single, kids to no kids...and we all get along so well!  

In the end, I think the party turned out great.  I hope everyone had a good time & there was already talk of what we can do next year...thinking tacky Christmas sweaters might be worn & we might do a "favorite things" party instead of cookies.  My goal in 2016 is to open my home more to friends & family...can't wait to see what's in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment