Monday, December 21, 2015

{The Most Wonderful Week of The Year}

Y'all - I look forward to this week all year long...it's the most wonderful week of the year!  Of course, it would be much better if it were about 30 degrees colder - a high of near 80, 100% humidity & rain all week is NOT my idea of Christmas weather, but what good is complaining going to do?  Flip flops & t-shirts instead of boots & sweaters it is! =)

Last Tuesday, the ladies at work had a girl's night...3 hours of margaritas, Mexican food  & LOTS of laughs.  Fun times for sure.  Love these ladies!
 
Friday, they surprised me with a Christmas gift & it's my favorite present so far...a selfie stick!!  I am super pumped & can't wait to use it.  I have been wanting one forever!! We still have to practice a little more so we don't get the stick in the picture...but not bad for our first attempt! =)
Saturday I was up early & in College Station by 9am to finish my Christmas shopping.  Surprisingly it wasn't too crazy & the best part - I AM DONE!!  I still have a little wrapping to do, but that's the easy part.  Gift buying stresses me big time because I never know what to get anyone.  But, I will admit, this year - I only had to buy a few gifts & it makes me sad to see an empty tree.  My friends & I decided not to exchange gifts & we decided against exchanging gifts at my grandma's as well. Sounded like a good idea at the time.  Here's to having a full tree of presents next year!  I did make one "Merry Christmas to me" purchase...an overnight bag from Sam's of all places.  It's Tiffany blue & navy and I just couldn't pass it up.  2016 will definitely involve travel of some sort...so it will be perfect!

Sunday was our church Christmas program...Morgan was Mary & Mason was the innkeeper.  It's always a little chaotic, but always super cute.
After lunch with my mom & dad, I made one more trip to Wal-Mart for a few last minute things.  I went Saturday night & bought all of  my groceries so no more stores for me until after Christmas!  3 more days of work & then I am on vacation for 11 days!!  Whoop!  Whoop!  Now if I can just get Nola to sleep in past 6am a few days, we will be in good shape.  Speaking of Nola - obviously this weekend wore her out.  I found her sleeping on the bed around 7:30 last night & besides getting up to potty once, she was out for the rest of the night.
 
The rest of the week consists of celebrating my dad's birthday, making a few holiday goodies, wrapping presents & watching as many Hallmark Christmas movies as I can.  I'm getting a little sad just thinking about all this coming to an end, but I know we will blink & it will be this time of year again.  In the mean time - I am going to soak up & enjoy every second of this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment