Friday, December 11, 2015

{Friday Favorites}

It's Friday!  It's Friday!  Thank goodness...it's been a long week.  Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals to share my Friday Favorites!

1.  I cannot believe I forgot to blog about this last month, but we celebrated Nola's 1st birthday!  Because she was a shelter puppy, I will never know her actual birthday - the vet could only make an educated guess.  So, November 3rd it is! =)  We will also celebrate her adoption day in February.  We have a cute little pet shop downtown so I got her a cupcake & cookie.  She accidentally got too close to the candle {bad dog mama moment} so once that happened, she wanted nothing to do with it anymore.  I finally had to bribe her with ice cream to get one picture in her party hat {homemade vanilla ice cream is her absolute favorite thing in the whole wide world}.
 
2. Tuesday night was the Blue Bell Christmas Party!  We did a scaled back version this year, but it was nice to spend the evening with good friends, good food & good fellowship.  It's been a rough year, but things are looking up...so it was nice to have something to celebrate.  These folks right here are definitely some of my favorites!!
3. My 2 new purchases this week!  I have a "memory tree" that I put up every year at Christmas.  It contains Christmas ornaments from all my travels or special events in my life & this year I added an Old World yellow lab in honor of Nola!  I'm also loving my new sign I found at Hobby Lobby on clearance for $14.99!  It goes perfect above my kitchen sink window.
 
4. Our new neighborhood walking trails!  When they started the neighborhood, the original plans showed walking trails throughout the neighborhood.  I've been there a year now & up until this week, there was no sign of them.  I came home yesterday & they had started them.  Nola & I are super excited.  Nola's absolute favorite thing in the world to do is go walking.  You say the word "walk" & she's at the door waiting.  The street in front of the neighborhood is pretty busy so it can be dangerous now that it gets dark at 5:30.  I can't wait for the trails to be finished!
5. This view.  Every single night before bed.  I am already dreading having to take all my Christmas decor down in a few weeks.  It makes the house so "happy".  =)  I also saw this Christmas scavenger hunt...can't wait to grab a few friends, hot chocolate & drive around town one night and find all these!
Have a great weekend!  I am hosting my first cookie exchange at my house on Sunday evening for all the neighborhood ladies...can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment