Thursday, May 29, 2014

{House Update}

Six weeks ago, my house looked like this: 
 And now today, this:
Crazy!!  And oh so exciting!!  The end is near!! =) 
Since I blogged last, the exterior was completed {for the most part} and I absolutely LOVE it!!  You never know when you pick your rock, brick & paint from a 12"x12" sample what it will look like, but I can honestly say I am 100% happy with how it turned out.
I am also loving my roof.  And that's a good thing because it was a major source of stress for me a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, I did not read the fine print & made some assumptions as to what kind of roof I would have. Needless to say, it wasn't what I thought or wanted.  Since my roof hadn't been started yet, I asked if I could do the upgrade & surprisingly, the answer was yes.  Of course it was going to cost extra money...not as much as I thought, but certainly more than I wanted to spend.  I debated & stressed over it for a week and then finally decided to bite the bullet & go for it; I knew I wouldn't  be happy if I didn't.  No one else will probably notice a difference, but I do & I am the one who has to drive in the driveway each day & look at it right??  Besides the fact that I just like the way it looks more, this roof comes with a longer warranty, etc. so I am hoping it will help with resale in the future.

In addition to the exterior being finished, they have also completed all of the plumbing & electrical.  And, this past week, some of the insulation was added. They also put up the mailboxes (we will have one set of centralized mailboxes instead of individual ones) & look how convenient it will be for me! I now have a light pole on one side & mailboxes on the other. I am set for sure now...what more could I want or need?!? =)
My fingers are crossed that they will start sheetrocking it this week, but with the holiday on Monday &  flooding rains the rest of the week, I am not getting my hopes up too much.  Things have been moving REALLY fast these past few weeks & so I know there are going to be days coming up where nothing gets done.  It kinda drives impatient me crazy, but July will be here before I know it.  In the mean time - I did more shopping!  =)  I couldn't pass up the really good sales this past weekend, not to mention the no sales tax on energy star appliances.  I am now completely broke {who needs a vacation anyway}, but at least I will have a fridge, washer & dryer.  And in case you are wondering - no, I am not buying new appliances just because I want new appliances - my fridge, washer & dryer stayed with my old house as part of the agreement when I sold it. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment