Wednesday, July 26, 2017

{Yes, I'm Still Alive}

Hi, my name is Casey and I have sucked at blogging lately.  I have thought about it, but to be honest - that's as far as it has gotten; it has always taken the back burner.  Y'all, not gonna lie - life has been c-r-a-z-y this past month.  

Around  mid-June, I received a promotion at work & started training the first of July.  I kept a majority of my old job responsibilities & am training someone to take over a few of them so Monday - Friday, 8-5 is flying by!  

Also in June, I embarked on growing my Instagram account.  I joined a "newbie group" and we went thru several weeks of training.  I have connected with some pretty amazing ladies & y'all - it's been a pretty wild ride.  I have gone from posting an occasional photo with just a few hundred followers to almost 1900 followers, hosting hashtags & being asked to collaborate with businesses. It's been so much fun & I can't wait to see what's to come!  You can follow me here.
Speaking of decorating, I did a little mini-makeover in my breakfast room.  I painted my table, got a new rug & chairs and am changing the decor up a little.  So far I am loving how it is turning out.
I took a day off the other week & kept sweet baby Bo.  Y'all, he is seriously the cutest & the sweetest.  I had to so much fun with him.  I mean - just look at him?!
Other than that, I honestly haven't been up to a whole lot!  Nola & I are both so over the heat.  Seriously y'all, it's HOT.  We have to wait until after 7pm to walk & even then it's still 95+.  We do about half of our normal walk & Nola's about to die. Often times I think I might have to carry her back!
Speaking of Nola, I had a little dog-mom panic attack the other night.  She went outside to potty around 9pm & came back in a few minutes later with a red, swollen eye that she was clawing to death.  I called the vet & he told me to wash it out the best i could with contact solution and to give her Benedryl.  I still don't know what exactly happened, but thankfully she was back to herself by the next morning.  
And I'll end with this....we have a relatively new BBQ place in town & they have a little dish that's not on the menu but I have heard is amazing - mac & cheese with chopped brisket & bbq sauce on top.  We went to lunch there the other day & I tried it and y'all - best.thing.ever!!  It was so good...don't knock it til you try it so if you are ever in town - go to LJ's BBQ & get it!!
I'll try to get back to blogging more regularly but can't make any promises.  July is almost over & I consider August the "unofficial" start to fall...so the pumpkins will be going up soon!  =)  Football is about to start and we are only a few short weeks away from the beginning of the most wonderful time of the year!

Happy {almost end to} Summer, friends! =)

2 comments:

  1. Casey, so glad to find your blog!! I hadn't blogged since 2014!!! Giving it another try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather! Thanks for stopping by!! I need to start blogging more home & décor stuff, but for now its day to day life. =) Look forward to seeing how you make your new home your own!

      Delete