Monday, July 10, 2017

{Life Lately}

Happy Monday, friends!  We are 1/3 of the way thru July & summer is in full force here!  It's hot & dry...and yes - I am still counting down the days to fall.  I consider August the "unofficial" start to fall so only a few more weeks...and those pumpkins just might start going up.  =)

Speaking of pumpkins...remember my pumpkin patch I wanted to grow?  Well, the seeds sprouted & I've got some beautiful vines & flowers...but no pumpkins.  =(  Unfortunately it doesn't seem that I have a single bee within a 20 mile vicinity of my house.  I have tried pollinating them myself, but so far - no luck.  Any suggestions as to how to attract bees?!  I have blooming plants near them & have even gone so far as to sit an open Coke out there in hopes of attracting them.  

It didn't work.  Y'all - I just want ONE pumpkin to grow.  One...and I would be thrilled.  I'm not giving up hope yet, but it's not looking so good.

So, besides mating pumpkins & sweating to death, here's what else I have been up to lately!

Last time I blogged, I told you about all the babies that were born!  Kelly & I went up last Monday & visited Carol & sweet baby Megan.  So fun to add another girl to our group!
Fourth of July wasn't too exciting.  In the end I just stayed home & it wasn't so bad.  I caught up on a few things, cooked supper & watched fireworks on tv...not quite the same, but I can tell you I was way cooler in my house than those people outside.  Nola wasn't too impressed.  
Mason's All Stars team kicked off the next tournament on Wednesday.  Unfortunately back to back loses eliminated them & ended the season.  Certainly nothing to be ashamed of...they had a great year!
Saturday I spent some time with this little guy...seriously y'all - is he not the cutest thing ever?!
Sunday I played hookie from church & was feeling really guilty about it.  Just before lunch, Nola was outside barking & so I went outside to check and noticed smoke coming from my next door neighbor's deck (her backyard backs up to my side yard).  I tried to look through the fence to see what was going on, but it was hard to tell.  I only saw smoke, no flames.  I have never met this neighbor so I didn't want to appear to be a crazy, nosey neighbor.  I gave it about 10 minutes & went back out to check. Still smoke & this time I saw flames.  So I went inside & put on clothes (I was still in my pj's) and walked over.  I knocked on the door, introduced myself & explained what I saw.  Unfortunately the lady that lives there is legally blind & so she was unaware of what was going on.  We went outside & sure enough, the corner of her deck was on fire.  I grabbed the water hose & we got it put out. Her daughter had been outside earlier that morning to smoke & she had put her cigarette in a plastic potted plant.  Unfortunately something ignited & it started smoking, melting & eventually a fire.  It burned thru the deck in one area.  Thankfully I was in the right place at the right time because a little more time & it could have been a very bad deal...so thank goodness I hadn't gone to church that morning.   About 2 hours later, there was a knock at my door & they delivered these.  I certainly didn't expect anything in return but it was super sweet of them.
I ended the weekend by making semi-homemade pizza!  I have never made it before, but it was fun, tasty & I'll definitely do it again!  Maybe a little chicken Alfredo & spinach next time?!
Have a great week everyone!
{anyone else as excited as me about Christmas in July on the Hallmark Channel starting this weekend?!}

No comments:

Post a Comment