Wednesday, March 1, 2017

{Life Lately}

Happy March friends!  So, the hearts came down and the Easter bunnies are going up.  Temps have been staying in the upper 70's - upper 80's so I am pretty certain we can officially say winter is over.  Some people still say we will have one more freezer before Easter...but I'm not holding my breath!

I turned 38 last Thursday & in honor of my birthday, I took the day off on the Tuesday before & had a "me" day!  Y'all, they are seriously the best.  I headed down to Houston early that morning {by myself} & spent the day going to all my favorite stores.  I didn't buy a lot, but it was so nice to just look around & not have to deal with the traffic & crowds that you deal with on the weekend.  I stopped in at Kendra Scott & got my 1/2 price birthday month pair of earrings & had lunch at one of my favs - Chick Fil A.  I was back in town by 5:00 to get a much overdue cut & color.  
Thursday was my actual birthday so I got up early & made a few breakfast treats for everyone at work.  My mom surprised me with a balloon & flowers, and I also got wine & bbq sauce. =)
That night, my family & I went out to dinner...all 22 of us!
Friday evening my favorite girlie came to spend the night with me.  She ended up staying until Sunday and Nola was in HEAVEN!  We played lots of card games, made homemade donuts on Saturday morning & spent Saturday evening with Amy & Khloe.
 
Sunday was spent mowing, cleaning out flower beds & mulching.   
And that's life lately!

2 comments:

  1. Well, happy belated birthday, girlie!

    I take a day off around my birthday every year to celebrate "me" as well. It's one of my favorite things to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & Happy belated birthday to you as well!!

      Delete