Thursday, October 6, 2016

{This & That}

I was going to title this "weekend recap"...and then I realized it was Thursday already & it didn't quite seem appropriate.  Tomorrow is already Friday again - which is a good thing - but it's crazy, scary how fast time is flying by.  I absolutely love October - December so I want to enjoy every single second of it.

The family all headed to the deer lease last weekend so Morgan spent the weekend with me.  I am not sure who was more excited...Morgan or Nola.  These two absolutely LOVE each other.
Friday night we had sweet Emmy's first birthday.
Saturday we hung out at the house & did a lot of this.
Morgan had another birthday party Saturday evening so I dropped her off & then headed to Wal-Mart & HEB...real exciting Saturday night, huh? After I picked her up, we met Amy & Khloe for supper.
Sunday, Morgan spent the day playing & I spent the day cleaning house.  Tuesday evening, I hosted National Night Out for our neighborhood.  This was the 3rd year for us to have it & we had over 50 people in attendance!  The fire department, EMS & police department all stopped by.  The weather was gorgeous, the food was delicious, & we got to meet a several of the new neighbors.  I think everyone had a great time!
Needless to say, by the time Tuesday night rolled around, Nola was out like a light.  Apparently having a busy social calendar is exhausting. =)
The only thing on the agenda this weekend is the big game between A&M & Tennessee on Saturday.  So you can guess where I will be most of the day {screaming at the TV I'm sure}.  And before I go, let's talk about these crazy hot temps for a minute.  We had a {very short} sneak peek at Fall the other weekend, but we have since been in the mid 90's.  If this is any indication of what our winter is going to be like, I have a feeling I am going to be a grouch the next 4-5 months.  Ugh.
Here's to hoping for an Aggie win  & cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment