Monday, September 26, 2016

{Life Lately}

Well, I am pretty certain fall has gotten lost.  Y'all, it's almost October & up until today - the temps have been in the upper 90's with 200% humidity.  And I am so over it.  The weatherman claims that "cooler" temps & lower humidity are are the way...but I'm not buying it just yet.  I'll definitely have to see it to believe it.  

But, I didn't let summer-like temps stop me!  Fall came to my house a few weeks ago & I held as long as I could outdoors.  So, when I went to Wal-Mart last Monday & they had a new delivery of mums & boxes full of pumpkins, I couldn't resist.  
Here's a sneak peak at my {almost} completed porch!
Last week was homecoming so Wednesday evening they held a parade downtown so I took my 2 favorite kiddos.  In case  you haven't noticed, we have a parade for everything.  And I love it! =) #gottalovesmalltowns
 
Saturday morning I got up & headed out to the Round Top/Warrenton Antique Festival.  After about 2 hours of heat & humidity and off & on rain showers - I had had enough & headed home.  I didn't see anything I couldn't live without so besides a few metal letters to finish off something in my utility room  & 2 old, silver buckets that cost $5 each {seen below} - I came home almost empty handed.
 
Sunday was church, lunch & a quick trip to College Station with Corey & Amanda to look at houses...followed by a lazy afternoon of naps & football.  It rained most of the afternoon so it was the perfect day for it.  Nola hasn't quite learned to appreciate these kinds of days...she was determined for me to take her walking, play, get her a snack...anything that didn't involve laying in the bed.  Crazy dog.
And lastly, I am not sure if you watched the season premier of this last week, but if not - go watch it!!  I have really struggled the past few years finding a television series I like, but I think this just might be my new fav!  It comes on Tuesday nights at 9pm on NBC. Can't wait to watch episode 2 tomorrow night.
So that's life lately.  Nothing too exciting...which isn't necessarily a bad thing sometimes.  Now excuse me while I go patiently wait for this "cold front" to arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment