Wednesday, November 25, 2015

{Super Simple Mini Cinnamon Rolls}

Today I am linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals and sharing one of my favorite recipes - Quick & Easy Mini Cinnamon Rolls.  I can't take credit for creating this one, but it's oh so good & oh so simple so I MUST pass it along!  They would be perfect tomorrow morning while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade or on Christmas morning while unwrapping presents.

Since it's just me, I used the mini package of crescent rolls.  It created 12 mini cinnamon rolls which was perfect.  As a side note - they are the absolute BEST warm & straight out of the oven, but they do reheat well in the microwave.  I had them several days for breakfast & they were still delicious.  

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees & spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Begin by rolling out the 2 sheets of crescent rolls & pinch the seams together.  The recipe didn't call for it, but I melted a little butter & spooned it on to each sheet.  You don't want to overdo it or they will become a soggy mess...but butter makes everything better!
Next, I sprinkled sugar & cinnamon onto each sheet until both were covered {I say they more the better on this part!} I must also confess that I didn't follow the exact measurements in the recipe.  I just "sprinkled" until I thought there was enough. =)
Roll up each sheet like you would a jellyroll & then cut them into 6 slices.  Place each slice in a greased mini muffin cup.  Mine certainly wouldn't win any awards for looks, but they taste good so that's all that matters, right?! Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Watch them closely because you definitely don't want to over bake them.
 
While they are baking, mix together an icing of powdered sugar, milk & vanilla.  Again, I didn't follow the recipe measurements exactly...I just mixed until I thought it was a good consistency.  I prefer mine to be a little thicker.  Once they have finished baking, remove them immediately from the pan & drizzle them with the powdered sugar icing.  Pour yourself a glass of milk & grab a few of these...and it's heavenly I tell ya!
 
If you prefer to follow an exact recipe - you can find it here.  But again, they are super simple {and easy & quick}...if I can do it - anyone can.   =)

Enjoy & Happy Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment