Wednesday, November 11, 2015

{Extended Weekend Recap}

Ok, so I am a little late with my weekend recap...better late than never, right?  

Last week was Nola's 9 month adoption anniversary! She drives me crazy sometimes & tests my patience a lot, but I love her to death.  It's nice to have another "living" being around the house. =) We celebrated with a few new toys from the dollar store that she managed to destroy in about 2 minutes {hence why I don't spend a lot of money on them}.
 
Saturday was the Washington County Relay for Life from 6:00pm - midnight.  With the exception of a year or two - I have been involved with Relay since it began here almost 15 years ago.  The money raised benefits the American Cancer Society & every dollar raised is one dollar closer to finding a cure.  This year I was the Blue Bell team captain & the event logistics chair.  Unfortunately due to all the issues at Blue Bell, we didn't get to fund raise a lot & most of our team members were either laid off or on furlough...but Debbie, Brenda & I still came out and showed our support.  

Almost every year, there is an issue with weather at Relay & this year was no different.  It rained a lot earlier in the week & then again Friday night and most of the day Saturday.  Thankfully the rain stopped shortly before the event began & although it was windy & cold - we had a fairly decent turnout & raised over $67,000!
 
{somebody missed me while I was gone...and apparently the late night was too much for her!}
I finally couldn't hold out any longer & so on Sunday, I broke out the Christmas decor.  I still haven't decorated my tree {waiting to find some ribbon} & I'm not finished with everything, but at least it's started!  Finishing is on my agenda for this weekend.
Other than a little rain here & there and way too warm temps for November - the evenings have been beautiful...so Nola & I have been hitting the streets!  That dog LOVES to go for walks & so we have been trying to do about 3 miles a night.  Unfortunately it gets dark so dang early so i have to head home straight after work & we have to pick up our pace. 
Last night some friends & I hit up ladies' night at Allied Ace Hardware.  One night a year, they host a ladies only night where you can shop, sample food that they sell & drink wine! Shopping while eating & drinking...doesn't get much better than that!
 
And now it's Wednesday & we are halfway to the weekend again!  It's supposed to be "cooler" this weekend & I have nothing big on the agenda so I'm looking forward to pj's, Hallmark Christmas movies, & decorating my tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment