Monday, July 13, 2015

{Going To The Chapel...}

...and we're gonna get married!  Well not me - duh!  Believe me - y'all will know if/when that happens.  Or maybe not.  I may surprise everyone & come back from Vegas married one day. =) 

But, on June 20th - my baby brother Colby & now sister-in-law Jodie said I DO & I had the honor of being part of their special day.  Rehearsal was Friday night & then on Saturday morning, all of the bridesmaids met at my cousin Kelli's house to get our hair done & for lunch.  Thank you Kelli for opening up your home to us!!
 
{If only someone could come to my house & do this to my hair every day!}
 

Both the ceremony & the reception were held at the Antique Rose Emporium.  Because of all the recent rain, everything was so pretty and green.  An outdoor wedding is beautiful...but also a risk anytime of year because you just never know what the weather is going to do.  The rain chance was small on Saturday so we all kept our fingers crossed that the rain would hold off one day.  Unfortunately mother nature had other plans.  There was a heavy down pour that afternoon & then it stopped long enough for us to take pictures & to all get to the chapel.  Shortly after the ceremony was over, it started raining again...and continued to rain the entire night.  
 
We had good food, great music & lots of beer so thankfully no one let a little rain stop them from having fun & we partied til after midnight!  The old wives tale is that if it rains on your wedding day - you will have good luck & be wealthy....so Colby & Jodie should be in good shape! =)
 
 
Unfortunately my poor dress will never be the same. Six hours of walking around outside in the rain & mud resulted in this:
 Congratulations again Jodie & Colby...and WELCOME to the family Jodie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment