Wednesday, October 8, 2014

{National Night Out}

Last night, my neighborhood had our first ever National Night Out block party!  I hosted it at my house; I am kinda in the middle so the location worked out great {plus, I NEVER pass up the opportunity to host a good party}.  The weather was nice & we had LOTS of yummy food {these people know how to cook!}.  
{thanks Laura for the cute welcome sign!}
We had about 25 adults & 15 kiddos...not bad considering it was our first one & only about 1/3 of the residents are currently living on the street.  We had several families join us who haven't moved in yet, but are in the process of building so it was really nice to meet all of them. We discovered that if there is anything we need - we have the hookup in the neighborhood...we have {lots} of law enforcement, paramedics, teachers, lawyers, pie people, mechanics - you name it, we have it. =)
  
Living in the country for over a year was quiet & peaceful and I did enjoy it for a while. But I realized last night how much I missed living in town in a neighborhood surrounded by people. And GREAT people at that; despite age differences & marital statuses, kids or no kids - we all became friends instantly.  Several of us were discussing how we loved our neighbors in our old neighborhoods & how we were really sad to leave. For me, I was the last of the "original" neighbors to move so it made it a little easier, but I was very fortunate & lived by some pretty awesome people for over 5 years.  Someone said it perfectly when she said "it looks like we lucked out twice!"  

I did indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment