Monday, October 13, 2014

{Weekend Recap}

It's Monday already.  Dang these weekends go by fast!!  Of course, this does mean I am one weekend closer to putting up my Christmas tree.  No, it's not going up yet - I am going to enjoy my pumpkins a little longer...but it will go up sooner than later.  I didn't get to put one up last year, remember??  I have to make up for lost time!! =)  Thankfully fall has finally returned today.  I was really over those summer-like temps in October.  High's this week in the 70's & lows in the 50's...this makes me HAPPY!

This past Friday night was the 13th annual Washington County Relay for Life.  With the exception of a year or two break, I have been involved in the event every year either as a team captain, committee  member or event chair.  I know from experience that putting the event together is a lot of work, and it makes me sad to see so little community involvement now.  Cancer affects everyone at some point in their life, either personally or thru a friend or family member.    Even though there may have only been 8 teams out there, we raised over $84,000...and every dollar counts.  I was the team captain for the Blue Bell team & we raised $7188!
{we were 1 of only 2 teams that stayed til it was over at midnight...but we aren't 2%ers - there was no going home early!!}
I took a "break" from house stuff on Saturday - no cleaning, decorating, unpacking or organizing...it was all about college football all day long.  Texas vs. OU, Mississippi State vs. Auburn, Baylor vs. TCU, Alabama vs. Arkansas...there were LOTS of good games on.  Unfortunately I probably got to watch the worst game of the day in person.  Seriously - there are no words for the way we played Saturday night.  I thought the Arkansas game was bad.  And then we played Mississippi State.  I thought that game was bad.  And then we played Ole Miss. I am going to chalk this up as a rebuilding year & hopefully next year will be better. It does make me feel somewhat better that Mississippi State ran over Auburn and that Alabama struggled with Arkansas.  It gives me a little hope that we might can beat bama this weekend.  We are roadtripping to Tuscaloosa so all I am hoping for is a good game...and NO RAIN!!

The good news is that I FINALLY got to see the new stadium and it's pretty darn awesome.  It's hard to even remember what it looked like before the redevelopment; I can't wait to see it completely finished next year...I think it's going to be incredible!
 
It is crazy loud in there now & despite the outcome of the game - it doesn't get much better than game day in Aggieland!
  
If things work out, I am hoping to finally be a season ticket holder next year & I cannot wait.  See those 2 seats in the very top corner in the new south end zone?  Or maybe the two below the giant screen that will probably cause me to go deaf & blind?  Yep, that's probably where I'll be.   But that's ok - at least I'll be there {and hopefully we will be having a better season}! 
But for now - BTHO bama!!


No comments:

Post a Comment