Thursday, August 28, 2014

{In Less Than 24 Hours...}

...I will finally become a homeowner again!!  After 15 months, TOMORROW is the DAY!! It has definitely been a roller coaster & I was certain at times that I would be living with my parents for the rest of my life {although for the record - it was NOT bad...it went way better than I expected}.  Throughout the building process, there have been a few tears & my not-so-nice side had to come out a time or two.  But, in the end, I know it will be so worth it.  I absolutely cannot wait to have friends over & host parties, to decorate for fall & Christmas, to cook in my kitchen, to paint my walls & mow my yard.  I have missed doing those things so much.  I feel like my life has kinda been "on hold" the past year & a half.   It might not be the "best" house or the "biggest" house and it's certainly not perfect, but it's mine...and I am pretty darn proud of it. 

I had my first walk thru this past Monday.  If you would have told me last Friday that it would be ready for a walk thru in 3 days, I would have told you you were crazy.  The house was a wreck but when I walked in Monday at 2:00 - it was like Christmas morning.  It was "finished" and clean and I LOVED it {if only they would have moved that fast the past 6 months}!  There are a few touch ups that have to still be done, but for the most part - it's ready for me to move in!  I have my final walk thru at 9:00 tomorrow & then I get to sign my life away at 10:00!
Since I blogged last, the biggest changes were made to the outside.  I went 2 weekends ago & extended my front flower bed some.  It's still not quite finished, but I think it looks much better than it did!  My sod was laid about a week ago.  It was so pretty & green the first day...and then near 100 degree August temps & no rain took it's toll.  We are watering daily, but on Saturday - I almost cried it looked so bad.  You know my yard is kinda my thing.  Slowly but surely it's starting to green back out so hopefully with time & lots of watering - I will have my nice, green yard back.
I knew all along my yard would be big, but now that the fence is up - I realize just how big.  It's huge.  Like I could have a pool or a small football field back there!  The house only came with sod in the front yard so my original plan was to have it laid in the back as soon as I moved in.  But, seeing as how much the front yard is struggling, I think I am going to wait a while.  I am going to lay enough now to give me usable space around the back of the house & then I will lay the rest of the sod either in late fall or early spring.  That will also give me time to decide what I want to do back there; I LOVED the pergola & rock patio at my last house...lots of nights were spent out there by the fire pit with friends.  I did decide a few weeks ago to add a deck.  The covered porch is really small & the backyard slopes some so there was a drop off.  I am so glad I decided to do it because I love it!  It's not big, but it adds just enough extra space to make the back porch much more usable.
 
As soon as I close tomorrow, we leave for Cayuga to watch my baby brother coach his first football game!  So, painting & moving will have to wait a few days, but at least I will have keys in hand.  I cannot wait!!  I'll be there all next week working so if you are bored and want to stop by & paint a wall, unpack a box, or just entertain me - please do! =)

And last but not least {and almost as exciting as closing on my house} is the return of Aggie Football!  All is right in the world again.  Now hurry up 5 o'clock!!  Whoop!!



No comments:

Post a Comment