Friday, April 18, 2014

{Look What I Finally Have!!}

After about 2 weeks of NOTHING happening at my house, things finally started rolling again last week.  The final prep work for the foundation was completed and for once, something finally went as scheduled/planned!!  I had received word at the end of last week that my foundation would be poured bright & early Tuesday morning.  However, when the rain & 40 degree temps happened on Monday, I knew for sure there would be another delay. I sent a text to the builder Monday evening & he assured me everything was still on & we were still good to go!

I made a quick trip by there before work on Tuesday & sure enough - by 7:30 - the trucks were already there.  I waited til about 8:30 & then went back by and it was actually happening!  I couldn't get a very good picture of the actual pouring process because the street was blocked with concrete trucks, but seeing them there & seeing it FINALLY happening made me a very happy camper.  Add that to the fact that Tuesday was also April 15th & the end to {a majority} of my tax work & it was a VERY good day!!

Here are a few pictures:
 
 
  
 And this is where we are now.  I am sure it will be another week or two before framing begins & it actually starts to look like a house.  But, the process seems to be moving pretty quickly once framing begins so I am {kinda} starting to see a very faint light at the end of the tunnel.  =)
Happy Easter!!



No comments:

Post a Comment