Tuesday, January 7, 2014

{It's Christmas time in the city...}

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!  It's hard to believe 2013 is over already.  It was a pretty eventful year...I sold my first house & moved back in with my parents in May.  Can you believe it's been over 7 months already?? And that we haven't killed each other yet?!? =)  Just kidding.  Besides the 20 minute drive, it really hasn't been that bad.  But, I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting the start of my new house {which is taking WAY longer than I anticipated}.  Hopefully construction will begin in February & I will be moved in no later than June or July.  I told them I was moving in then - finished or not!! 
 
I ended 2013 on a fabulous note with my trip to NYC!!  This was my 7th time there.  People always ask why we keep going back year after year & it's simple: because we LOVE it!!   There is so much to see & do and the city is simply magical at Christmas time.
 
Most trips consist of myself, my friend/coworker Brenda, and her daughter Taurie.  This year, Taurie was going with her boyfriend Tanner & his family {their trip overlapped ours} so we grabbed a new travel buddy - Lisa.  This was her first time to go to NYC so we spent most of our time seeing all the usual "tourist" sites of NYC.  Let me just say, Lisa got her money's worth out of this trip because she saw almost EVERYTHING.  We went nonstop for 5 days straight.  But, it was worth every mile walked {and I am certain we walked at least 50} & hour of sleep lost because we had a blast!
 
Since I am about to start building my new house, there most likely won't be a trip to NYC this year. So, when this December rolls around, I'll just have to look back at the pictures & pretend I am there.  Thankfully I took LOTS {you are shocked, I know}, so I figured it would be best to recap our trip by day.  So, be prepared for picture overload.  =)
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment