Friday, September 6, 2013

{SUYL: Tailgating Recipes - Meatballs}

I decided to do another linkup today, but this one is over at Kelly's Korner!  Today's topic is Tailgating Recipes & I thought I would share one that I love.  I have made these tons of times & they are a huge hit wherever I take them.

Mom's Best Bite-Sized Meatballs
(Recipe found on kraftrecipes.com)

2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 6oz. pkg. Stove Top Chicken Stuffing Mix
1 cup water
2 eggs
1 16oz. bottle Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce
1 16oz. can whole berry cranberry sauce {*note: I normally use 3/4 can of whole berry cranberry sauce & 3/4 can of jellied cranberry sauce}
 
 
Heat oven to 400F.  Line a 15x10x1-inch pan with foil & spray with cooking spray. 
Mix meat, stuffing mix, water, & eggs until blended.  Shape into 50 {1 1/2"} meatballs & place on pan.  Bake 16 minutes or until done {I normally turn them once during the baking process so they don't burn}.  Meanwhile, bring barbecue sauce and cranberry sauce to boil in a large saucepan on medium heat, stirring occasionally.  Add meatballs to sauce & stir to evenly coat.

Every time that I have made these, I have made the meatballs the night before & they still turn out great. Once they have been fully cooked & then cooled, I put them in the fridge over night. When I am ready to serve them the next day, I just heat the barbecue sauce & cranberry sauce in the microwave and then the meatballs. Everything goes in the crockpot on low/warm about an hour before I am ready to serve them!
 
Super easy & very good!
Enjoy & Gig'em! =)


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment