Monday, December 30, 2019

{The Most Wonderful Time of The Year}

Y'all, I am so sad that the most wonderful time of the year is over!  =(  We are one day away from 2020 & the start of a new year.  I'm just not sure where it went.  2019 was a year, to say the least.  I am ready to move on, but not ready for it to be over...if that makes sense.

December was a busy month for sure...but lots of memories were made!

We kicked off the month with our downtown Christmas Stroll parade. Bo & Morgan spent the day with us & we decorated a gingerbread house and then headed the parade.

On Sunday, we went to see Frozen 2...such a great message behind it!
Tuesday was the Blue Bell Christmas party.
And then on Wednesday, we had a girls' night in Houston which involved margaritas & shopping!  Doesn't get much better than that.
Nola got Christmas pj's on said shopping trip...which she was thrilled about as you can tell. =)
On Friday night, Linda & I went and saw Home Alone at the Barnhill Theater downtown.  Sounded like a good idea in theory, but not so much in reality {think theater full of kids. ha!}
 I spent the weekend baking goodies that I put together for gifts.  It's a lot of work, but I always enjoy doing it.
My vacation kicked off at 5:00 on Friday the 20th.  On Saturday, Amy, KC, Khloe, Addie & I went to an A&M basketball game.  It was actually my first basketball game to go to & it was a lot of fun.
On Sunday, Morgan, Amanda, Suzanne, Parker & I took a cookie decorating class.  It was fun & I learned a few pointers.
Monday night, I hosted Christmas at my house for us.  It was also Dad's birthday so I made his favorite - German chocolate cake.  Definitely a tough night, but we made it through.
And we were supposed to cut back on presents this year...ha!
Tuesday night, Mom & I went to the 11:00pm candlelight Christmas Eve service at St. Paul's.  It's my absolute favorite...I look forward to it all year.
Santa visited that night & brought Nola lots of toys.  The dog seriously gets into it & absolutely loves getting new toys.  Of course several were chewed up within an hour, but she has a blast doing it...so it makes it worth it!
That afternoon, we headed to Kelli & Clayton's to celebrate Christmas with mom's family.
Later that evening, we had a visit from Santa & the kiddos loved it!!
Morgan & Bo spent Thursday with us. Nothing better than Home Alone & floor snuggles. 
We did a little after Christmas shopping on Friday & then it was a girls' night on Saturday.  Unfortunately, today it's back to work.

And just like that - it's all over.  The majority of my Christmas decor is still up so I'm going to enjoy the twinkle lights a few more days.  I'm planning to host a small NYE party at my house for family tomorrow night.  Sort of last minute.  Nothing big or fancy, just a small get together to ring in the new year.
Here's to 2020!!

No comments:

Post a Comment