Friday, December 21, 2018

{NYC 2018: Days 3&4}

Hey! Hey!  Happy Friday!  Last day before I have the next 5 off...woohoo!!  Can't wait!!

Today is all about days 3 & 4 in NYC...you can read about days 1 & 2 here.  We didn't set an alarm on Thursday morning so it felt great to sleep in.  We left the room around 9:30 & headed to Dylan's Candy!
Next, we headed to Serendipity for lunch.  It's a fun little place...the food is ok, but they are famous for their frozen hot chocolate...and it really is delish!  We had reservations, but it's the first time that I've ever been there where there wasn't a line down the street.  It was crazy!
Whenever we have been in this area in the past - we would see a tram that went over the river.  A little research revealed that it was the Roosevelt Island Tram so we decided to try it out this year!  It's a mode of transportation just like the subway so your Metro card works on it.  Let me tell you - the views were incredible!  Loved it!!  We decided to take a free bus around the island & let's just say we won't do that again...but the tram itself was really neat!
 
 
 
 
Next we headed to another Christmas Market at Bryant Park & grabbed a cannoli at Carlo's Bakery before heading back to the hotel.
 
We had early dinner reservations that night at Serafina because at 7 - we were going to The Cher Show!!
Seriously y'all - absolutely LOVED it!!  One of my favorite Broadway shows to go to.  It was so, so good & I HIGHLY recommend it.
Friday morning we got up, finished packing & then had breakfast at the hotel....breakfast tacos in a crunchy shell - I was skeptical, but loved it!
Brenda & Taurie wanted to do a little more shopping and I wanted to see the 9/11 Museum.  I took the subway downtown & when I rounded the corner, I saw this...
There was thousands of people in line.  Ugh.  I knew there was no way I could wait in that line & take my time in the museum, so unfortunately it will have to wait until my next trip. =(
We met back up at the hotel & decided to take the bus back to the airport {much better than the train...just sayin}.  Due to rain in Austin, our flight was slightly delayed but not too bad.  We had a brand new plane & it was fabulous...seriously, the nicest I've ever been on.
We arrived back in Austin around 11:30 & despite the fact that it was raining, Brenda & I decided to drive back to Brenham that night.  My mom & dad were staying with Nola and let's face it - after being gone for 5 days - there really isn't no place like home.  I got home around 2am, got lots of puppy kisses & crawled in bed around 3am.  Needless to say, Nola & I spent lots of time on Saturday doing this...
Another fabulous trip in the books!  People ask us all the time if we get tired of going to the same place & the answer is no!  We love it there & there is always something new to do & new restaurants to try.  We did acknowledge the fact that we are definitely getting older...and can feel it!  One day we walked over 25 miles & did over 65 flights of stairs...yikes!!  I was 28 when we went on our first trip together....and now I'm knocking 40!  Definitely makes a difference for sure. =)

Not sure where we are headed next...we are thinking Washington DC might be calling our names again....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment