Monday, April 2, 2018

{Easter Weekend Recap}

Happy Monday, y'all!  Not gonna lie, I am t-i-r-e-d.  This weekend kicked my butt!  As I mentioned last week, I decided to take off Wednesday & Thursday {we already had Friday off} and have an extra long holiday weekend.  So thankful I did {& I really could have used today off as well...ha!} 

I woke up Wednesday to rain, rain & more rain.  Like 5 1/2" of rain!  But, as a result - I got most of my house cleaned that day. Thursday I got up early & made a quick trip to Houston to return a few things & get some last minute Easter goodies I needed.  Everyone came over that evening & brought their garage sale stuff & we kicked it off bright & early at 7am Friday!

The garage sale was a huge success.  We had LOTS of stuff, but got rid of a majority of it.  These cuties were bright-eyed & bushy-tailed...while I over slept.  Oops!
We closed up shop around 5:30 so everyone packed up & headed home.  I spent the next couple of hours cleaning & baking because I was hosting Easter Saturday evening.  Call me crazy {and there were a few times that I thought I might have lost my mind}, but it all turned out great!  I had a house {& yard} full...30 with kiddos I believe.  But it was a gorgeous evening so we spent most of it outside.  We had lots of yummy food & way too much candy, but I think everyone had a great time.  I love opening my house to others so it was the perfect evening. 
 
 
Sunday I was up before the crack of dawn {literally} to go to Sunrise Easter service at church.  Aside from the candlelight Christmas Eve service, this is my next favorite.  It was another gorgeous morning & the best part, I was back at home & in bed by 9am.  =)  Nola & I spent the rest of the day at home, resting & recovering.
Hard to believe that another 2018 holiday has come & gone...this year is flying by!  Hope that you had a blessed Easter, surrounding by those you love!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a garage sale & hosting Easter for 30 people - you are crazy! Ha! But it sounds like it all went really well. :)

    ReplyDelete