Thursday, January 4, 2018

{NYC: Day 1}

Woohoo!  I am finally getting around to our NYC recap...better late than never, right?  We had absolute fabulous time!  It had been 4 years since I had been so I was definitely having withdrawals....and it was as amazing as I remembered!  

Amanda, Morgan, John & I hit the road around 3am on the morning of the 16th.  We arrived at IAH, got checked in, grabbed breakfast & made it to our plane as they were about to board.
 
We had a fabulous flight & arrived right on time.
It had snowed in New York Friday night so after getting checked into the hotel {The Crowne Plaza HY36 Midtown...highly recommend!!} & bundled up, we headed to Central Park so the kids could play in the snow...and they had a blast!  I'm quite certain it was their favorite part of the trip.  I think they would have spent the entire day there if we would have let them.  There was snowball fights, snowman building  & snow angel making.  There is nothing quite like Central Park covered in snow.
But first - a hot dog from a cart for lunch!
Next, we headed to Wollman Rink for ice skating!  I have always wanted to try...but in NYC in front of thousands of people is not the place.  Amanda was a good sport & skated with them. =)
After leaving Central Park, we had 2 very tired kiddos {& 2 tired adults} so we headed to John's Pizza for an early supper.  Despite over an hour wait, the kids were troopers & the pizza was worth the wait!  
 
We grabbed some mini cupcakes from Baked by Melissa {Morgan's new favorite place}, headed back to the hotel & called it a night by 7pm.  Stay tuned for day 2!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like SO much fun! I really want to get to NYC sometime in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete