Tuesday, January 30, 2018

{Life Lately}

Hey y'all!  Tomorrow is the last day in January.  What the heck?!  I was thinking this weekend that in 6 months, I will be putting my fall decor out again. Ha! =)

January has been another busy month!  {as seen by my absence here}
Here's a quick look at what I've been up to!

This winter has been one for the record books here in Texas.  We had our snow day back in December that you can read about here & almost a month later - mother nature struck again, this time mainly in the form of ice & sleet...which as we know - completely shuts down Texas. School was canceled & most businesses in town were closed both Tuesday {16th} & Wednesday {17th}. I stayed home both days, not only because of the weather but also because I was sick.
 
 By Wednesday afternoon, I decided a visit to the doctor was in order.
Thankfully it wasn't the flu, just the "crud" that was going around.  Needless to say, Nola & I spent 2 days basically doing this...
But no worries, by that weekend temps were in the upper 70's.  Texas weather might be slightly bipolar.  Just sayin.  Mom & I decided to get out of the house and went to Houston to do a little shopping. 

This past weekend, Morgan & Bo had a sleepover at my house!  Colby & Jodie went out Friday night to celebrate her sister's 21st birthday.  Aside from a small little meltdown when he realized that his mom had left, he did great!  We played & he almost slept through the night {I of course got up no less than 20 times checking on him}.  Loved having him there!
After he left Saturday morning, Morgan & I made a quick trip to College Station and then came home and rested, baked cupcakes & went to a birthday party.
Morgan spent the night again on Saturday.  Sunday was church, the grocery store & then out to Corey & Amanda's to paint some furniture.  This weekend is the Super Bowl so I'll be hosting my annual party.  Nothing big or too exciting, just a few coworkers come over and we have way too much food & way too many laughs.  In a few days I start the countdown to my 39th birthday...the real question is HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN?!  

I guess it's better than the alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment