Wednesday, January 10, 2018

{2018 Goals}

Happy Wednesday!  Hard to believe we are already almost 2 weeks into the new year.  Christmas is officially packed away & college football is officially over...such a sad week. =(

I've never been much of a "resolution" girl because let's face it, by about week 2, we are already giving up & throwing in the towel.  But, I did decide to set a few "goals" for 2018.  Will I reach them?  Who knows!  I'm sure I will fail a time or two {or twenty}, but as long as I start again - that's what counts, right?
{One: Drink Less Diet Coke}
Not going to lie, this is going to be a tough one.  I'm not near as addicted as some people, but last year - it got pretty bad. I drink plenty of water too...but my DC consumption definitely needs to decrease.  I am being realistic & not saying I am going to give it up completely, but I need to drink less.  I switched to Diet Green Tea this week {gotta have something other than water first thing in the morning} & so far so good!

{Two: Spend Less Money}
This is going to be another tough one. Y'all, I like change when it comes to my house!  I never spend a lot of money on anything because of this fact, but it still adds up.  Target, Homegoods, Ikea...they get me every. single. time.  I am going to try really hard to work with what I have or only buy new stuff when I sell enough old stuff to pay for it. I'm not even going to mention the fact that I would love to redo my cabinets, granite & floors. Ha!

{Three: Open My Home More To Others}
Y'all, I absolutely LOVE opening my home to others.  Is it a lot of work?  Yep, you betcha.  But it's one of my favorite things about owning my own home.  I did much better at this last year...I hosted 2 baby showers, a Super Bowl party, National Night Out, a Halloween party, a cookie exchange party & a New Year's Eve party.  Wonder if I can top that this year?

{Four: Finish Christmas Shopping By December 1st}
Ok, so I have said this many times before & it's never happened. I was almost finished this year but I still had a few last minute ones that I struggled with.  I feel like when I wait so long, I'm buying gifts just to have a gift...and I'm not putting a lot of thought into it.  I'm not going to go Christmas shopping right now, but when I am shopping - I'm going to have a mental list of who I need to buy for. 

{Five: Put Me First More}
I am sure some of you read that & thought man, how selfish of her!  But let me explain.  I absolutely love helping people & giving 110% to everything I do...friends, family, work...everything.  I love to volunteer. I love to plan & coordinate things.  I rarely say no {ok, I never say no}.  Do I want to stop doing all that?  ABSOLUTELY NOT!!  But y'all, sometimes its just too much.  And I need to learn to recognize that...know when I need to step back & take a minute for myself...& most importantly - not feel guilty about it.  

So there ya go!  My 2018 goals.  I'll recap in December & see which ones I stuck to & which ones I failed miserably at. =)  Have you set any goals or resolutions for this year?


1 comment:

  1. Those are some great, obtainable goals. You'll rock it, I know you will. :)

    ReplyDelete