Friday, December 29, 2017

{Christmas 2017)

Oh my goodness y'all, I am so far behind I may never catch up!  So, I apologize in advance if my New York City recap is in March.  Seriously, it's that bad. Ugh.

Speaking of NYC, Amanda, Morgan, John & I had a fabulous time!  We left on Saturday morning & came home Tuesday night.  It was a jam-packed, fun-filled 4 days.  Recap coming...soon{ish}.
Thankfully I had the entire week off once we returned so I had a few days to do some last minute shopping, cookie baking, margarita drinking & lots of Hallmark movie watching.
I gave myself a new kitchen faucet for Christmas.  Yes, after only 3 1/2 years it was leaking.  Sometimes being an adult & homeowner is overrated.
On Christmas Eve, we met KC, Amy & Khloe for supper and then mom & I went to the 11:00pm candlelight service at St. Paul's.  The Christmas Eve service is absolute favorite...I look forward to it all year!
Despite the fact that she chewed up a sock, glove & shoe upon my return from NYC, Santa stopped by & visited Nola on Christmas morning.  The dog seriously LOVES new toys.  You should have seen her tail wagging when she walked in the living room that morning.  Of course by now, most of them no longer have squeakers or stuffing...but she had the absolute best time!
 
Christmas night, we went to my parent's for our family Christmas. With my grandma in the nursing home, we decided to change things up a little this year...just didn't seem right having it at her house.  Surprisingly she did come & although she might not remember it, she had a great time.
The next night, we came back out to mom & dad's to celebrate our Christmas.
By late Tuesday night, this is kinda how we were all feeling...
It was back to work for me on Wednesday after 11 days off...talk about rough!  We are expected to get a massive Arctic front this weekend, with highs in the 30's & lows in the 20's. I am hosting a small NYE party at my house Sunday night, otherwise it will be a pretty quiet weekend.

Wishing you all a very happy & prosperous New Year!  Thank you so much for following along for another year.  I will be back after the 1st with a {very late} holiday home tour, NYC  trip recap & 2017 Year in Review.

Happy New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment