Monday, October 30, 2017

{Life Lately}

....has been crazy.  Seriously y'all - there's just not enough hours in the day sometimes.  It's the absolute best time of the year...and also the busiest!  

The weekend after we got back from Florida, Morgan spent a few nights with me.  We carved a pumpkin...which y'all - I don't think I have ever done in my life.  Shameful I know!  We had a so much fun doing it...she designed it, drew it out, cleaned it out & carved it almost all on her own.  It turned out great!
And we baked Halloween cookies!
Nola was absolutely thrilled beyond words to have her there all weekend.
 And seriously y'all - what is cuter than a cute baby in a pumpkin patch?!
Then this past weekend nearly did me in.  I took off Friday, went to Houston & helped Amanda pick out her granite slabs, cleaned house all day & then went to a birthday party that night.  Saturday morning, I got up & headed to Bellville for Morgan's very first horse show!  She was as cool as a cucumber & did fabulous!
I came home and finished cleaning & cooking because I hosted a Halloween party at my house that evening!  We had about 35 people there, a few cool costumes & lots of yummy food!  We went on a hayride {minus the hay}, watched the Astros & Aggies lose & made s'mores on the firepit.  Overall, a really fun night!  I absolutely love opening my home to others.
I spent most of Sunday cleaning & catching up around the house.  I watched a few Hallmark Christmas movies {is anyone else as excited about them being back on as me?!}, cooked a pot of taco soup & then stayed up until after 1am watching the Astros.  Seriously y'all, it was a CRAZY game, but thankfully they pulled it out in the end.  Hopefully tomorrow night they can win it all!!  Needless to say, this morning - we were both kinda like this...
Oh yes, and I almost forgot.  This happened too last night.  🙈  I just couldn't wait any longer & the Astros were making me mad.  It's not decorated {yet}, but I wanted to try it in a new place this year  that required rearranging the furniture.  Once I did that - I had to put the tree up to see if it fit!  More to come soon!!
Here's to lots of caffeine & a fabulous week! Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment