Tuesday, January 3, 2017

{Holiday Recap}

And just like that, the holidays are over.  September - December is my absolute favorite time of  the year.  I love decorating for fall & then Christmas.  I love all the family gatherings & holiday parties.  I love college football.  I mean seriously - what's not to love about the most wonderful time of the year?!  So, I do get a little sad when it's over.  But I also know we will blink & I'll be putting out pumpkins again! =)

Today was my first day back after being off for 10 days.  At first, I was afraid it was going to be a long 10 days & that I would be bored, but besides 2 or 3 days without plans - I stayed busy the entire time.  Here's a recap!

On Thursday the 22nd we went out after work to celebrate Betty B's retirement.  She's the first one in our "group" to retire & it was sad seeing her desk empty this morning when I got back.  
My last day of work was ugly Christmas sweater day! {you can't see me in the back, but I was an elf.}
We changed things up a little this year & celebrated Christmas at Mama's on Friday night instead of Christmas day.  It was a little rushed to get off work at 5:00, go home, cook & load presents...but it worked out fine in the end.  It's a house full of kiddos & chaos, but definitely fun for sure.
Christmas Eve, mom & I went to the candlelight service {my absolute favorite of the year} & then everyone came to my house for supper & presents.  This was my first time to "host" Christmas & I loved it!  Definitely hope to do it again in the future.
 
 
Since we had already celebrated both Christmases, Christmas Day was actually very quiet.  Nola & I slept in & then she woke up and promptly chewed up most of her Christmas presents. =) 
We spent the afternoon taking a nap & watching Christmas movies.  I missed not celebrating Christmas on Christmas day...but at the same time, it was kinda nice to not have anywhere to be or anything to do.  
Monday morning I made a quick trip to Cypress to see if there were any after-Christmas deals I couldn't live without {there wasn't} & then spent a few days catching up on scrapbooking {like our NYC trips from 2012 & 2013...I was just slightly behind}.

Tuesday night, I went to College Station with the JCPenney girls for Mexican food, margaritas & a little Target shopping.
 
This little cutie spent Wednesday night with me.  I watched the Aggies lose, her & Nola crashed  while watching Disney Junior in my bed.  I should have probably watched Disney Junior instead.  Just sayin.
Thursday evening, some friends & I checked out a new place in Round Top called Prost on Block 29.  It is a little wine bar with a great outdoor patio {my 2017 goal is to make my backyard look like that. ha!}.  A few hours & bottles of wine later, we went for supper at JW's in Carmine.
Friday I stayed home, cleaned house & mowed because I decided kind of last minute to have a small New Year's Eve party at the house.  We had lots of delicious food, watched a little football, played a few games of cards, made s'mores on the firepit & did a few fireworks.  It definitely wasn't the party of the decade or anything, but I think everyone had a good time.  We all stayed awake {including the kiddos} til midnight to ring in the new year.  I ate a bowl of black eyed peas this year instead of my traditional spoonful...so I'm hoping 2017 is going to be great!
Sunday & Monday were spent taking down all the Christmas decorations. #saddestdayoftheyear Nola, on the other hand, took full advantage of her last few days of napping in the house all day.    Now that it's done, I am kinda enjoying the clean, uncluttered look of the house.  
This morning, the alarm clock went off again & we are back to our routine.  Some of us weren't too happy about it though...
 
The past two years have not been the greatest so I am determined to make 2017 better.  And it will include a vacation of some sort...my last one was in 2013 & that was WAY too long ago.  This year also marks my 20 year high school reunion and several friends & family members are welcoming babies in the upcoming months.  2017, I have a good feeling about you so please don't let me down!
Wishing each & every one you of a happy, healthy & prosperous New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment