Monday, December 19, 2016

{Brrr....}

Happy Monday!  There is less than one week til Christmas.  6 days!!  It makes me so sad knowing that it's almost all over.  =(

Thankfully Mother Nature finally cooperated & it FINALLY feels like Christmas.  A front blew in Saturday night & dropped the temps almost 50 degrees within an hour or two.  Yesterday we stayed in the 30's with windchill temps in the teens & this morning it was 25!  No snow & unfortunately it doesn't look like it will last long {70's & rain on Christmas day}...But I'll take it while I can get it!

Last week was our company Christmas party...I received my 15 year full time {20 year total time} service award.  Hard to believe I have been there over half my life.  It's definitely been a roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't have wanted to ride it with anyone else but these folks!

Nola went to doggie daycare on Wednesday & they had a Christmas party so she got her picture with Santa.  Clearly she was not a fan. =)
I found out on Thursday that I was one of the winners of the house decorating contest that a local organization holds.  Made risking my life standing on the top rung of the ladder worth it! Ha! 
Before the front blew in Saturday night it was miserably hot.  Like turn the A/C on & wear shorts hot.  I went to a birthday party for my neighbor & then headed out to my grandma's to help her get ready for Christmas.  I came home & went to the grocery store...my goal is to not go back until after Christmas.  Around 8:30, the front blew in & then the rest of the night looked like this... {& yes, my lights on the garland on my mantel blew out Saturday afternoon...couldn't they have waited one more week?!}
Sunday was basically too cold do to anything so I decided to bake some goodies!  Only I wasn't prepared & had to break my pact not to go back to a store until after Christmas.  With Starbucks in hand, I made a quick Wal-Mart run & it surprisingly wasn't too bad.  I came home & spent the rest of the day baking & making goodies for a few neighbors & friends.
And last night, Nola discovered her love for the electric blanket.  Homegirl was NOT budging. =)
Five more days of work & then it's 10 days off for me!  Time to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment