Tuesday, May 10, 2016

{Weekend Recap}

Hey Y'all!  Can you believe we are into the second week of May already?! I'll be putting up my pumpkins & fall decor before you know it!  I kid...kinda. =)  I do bet it already makes an appearance at Hobby Lobby this month!  

This past weekend was a busy one, but I was able to check some things off my to-do list.  I kicked off the weekend celebrating Cinco de Mayo on Thursday.  We had a party at work with LOTS of yummy food & then I enjoyed a margarita on the patio when I got home.
Friday & Saturday was all Maifest! Maifest! Maifest!  You can read all about my little hometown German festival here.  I am on the board so I spent several hours down there each day working the ticket booth & wine booth.  My niece was the cutest little Maipole dancer ever!
The weather was gorgeous all weekend so we had a great crowd.  And I certainly couldn't go the whole weekend without a funnel cake! =)

Sunday was Mother's Day so I went to church & lunch with my mom...followed by an afternoon of mowing.  My mom sent me with card "from" Nola...isn't she the best?!
Yesterday I celebrated my 15 year {full time} anniversary at Blue Bell!!  It will actually be 20 years in September, but I think both are worth celebrating.  I know the way to my coworkers' hearts...SONIC DRINKS!!  It's our fave so drinks were on me yesterday morning.
Thankfully this week is pretty uneventful.  No meetings, no commitments...nothing.  Just straight home after work every day.  This Friday is the one year anniversary of the Blue Bell layoff so a group of us are going to go out after work to "celebrate" surviving the past year...and what a year it has been!! We definitely need to drink to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment