Wednesday, March 16, 2016

{Spring Break}

I would love to blame my delayed weekend wrap up post on the fact that I am on some fabulous spring break vacation, but alas - I am not.  I will blame it on the time change though.  Man, it's been killer trying to adjust this week.  While I love the fact that it stays lighter later & I can get way more done in the evenings, before I know it - it's almost 9:00 & I haven't had supper.  Then it's 11:30 or 12:00 before I can fall asleep & so by 10am, I am ready for a nap!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the later sunrise will keep Nola in bed longer on the weekends as well.  Getting up at 6am on a Saturday morning is for the birds!

Despite the fact that I'm not on a tropical beach somewhere, it has been a pretty great "spring break" so far.  Here's what I have been up to!

Last week was rain, rain & more rain.  By the end of the week, I was seriously considering building an ark.  We ended up getting over 7 inches.  Thankfully no bad weather & no flooding...but thoughts & prayers with those folks in East Texas & Louisiana.  They have shut down I-10...how crazy is that?!  A solid week of rain meant a very restless puppy & filthy {which is kinda an understatement} floors!
Saturday night the ladies in my neighborhood had a girl's night & this time we went to Royer's Cafe in Round Top. One of the couples in our neighborhood owns it...how cool is that?!  And OMG people...it was AMAZING!!  This was my first time there & Johnathan treated us well.  We had appetizers, wine, a meal & the best part - PIE!  If you haven't been - GO!!  You are missing out.  Of course, we each probably gained 10 pounds that night, but we don't do it often & it was oh so worth it!
 
My brother & sister-in-law are about to put their house on the market so I spent Sunday helping them paint & stage their house.  And this little cutie came home with me & had a slumber party.  Nola & I love us some Morgan! =)
Last night, my brother, sister-in-law, nephew & I went to watch the Aggies BTHO tu!  It was a beautiful night for baseball & a packed house...almost 7000 people!  We were ahead 4-0 the entire game, only to let the longhorns come back in tie it in the top of the 9th.  Thankfully we had a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 9th to win it 5-4.  My nephew is a diehard longhorn so it was a fun little rivalry game.  
 
 
The rest of the week will not be near as exciting.  Nothing big planned except mowing & yard work {if the weather cooperates}.  Next week is Easter {can you believe that?!} & the Round Top/Warrenton Antique show!  I am looking forward to spending a day out there...I never go with a list, but this year I have one so I am super excited to actually have things to shop for!  

Grab your umbrella & rubber boots cause it looks like rain is back in the forecast for the next few days.  After near 90 degree temps {IN MARCH!!!} - "winter" will return for a few days with some 60's & 40's.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment