Sunday, January 3, 2016

{Holiday Recap}

And just like that - the holidays are over.  The day I "undecorate" is the saddest day of the year.  Don't get me wrong, once it's all down - I enjoy my clean & uncluttered house again, but what I miss most is the twinkle of the Christmas lights at night.   There is nothing quite like it.  

This year I took my vacation between Christmas & New Year's so I was off for 11 days.  I've taken it that week before & honestly - I didn't like.  I feel so out of touch & miss hearing about everyone's holidays.  This time I stayed super busy & had something practically every day so it was a good thing I took it when I did.  Here's a holiday recap!

My last day of work {ugly Christmas sweater day} was December 23rd which is also my dad's birthday.  That evening, we headed to Corey & Amanda's for supper {please note my first attempt at a homemade German chocolate cake!} and then Mason, Morgan, my mom & I rode around and did a Christmas light scavenger hunt.  Morgan spent the night with me & we spent Christmas Eve making lots of goodies.  Morgan quickly became Nola's new favorite person. =)  That night, we went to candlelight Christmas Eve service at 11:30pm.  It was nice, but I can't wait for our church renovation to be complete so we can move back in; having it in the fellowship hall just isn't quite the same. 
 
 
Christmas day, Nola & I slept in and then she opened her presents from Santa.  Yep, she was just as surprised as I was that she made the nice list. =)  We spent the afternoon hanging out & then went to my grandma's & celebrated Christmas with the family.
 
 
Y'all - the worst part about Christmas this year was that it was HOT.  Like 80 degrees & 100% humidity hot.  It was miserable.  Talk about not putting you in the Christmas spirit.  The day after Christmas we finally got colder weather, but unfortunately with it came severe weather in North Texas including several tornadoes that destroyed several communities & killed several people.  
 
I did a little after Christmas shopping on Saturday, Sunday we celebrated Christmas at my mom's & on Tuesday - festivities began for Carol & Rob's wedding!  We had a bridal luncheon on Tuesday, decorating & rehearsal on Wednesday, and then the wedding on Thursday.  Thursday went by so incredibly fast...we got our hair done that morning & then everyone came to my house that evening to get ready.  Before we knew it it was 7:15 & time to head to the hall.  The ceremony started at 8:00 & I swear we blinked & it was midnight.  The whole week was kind of a whirlwind because we had so much going on, but congrats to Carol & Rob...I wish them all the happiness in the world!
 
 
 
We cleaned up the hall that night so I got home around 2am & finally fell asleep around 4am.  Needless to say, there was lots of this happening at the house on Friday...Nola & I were exhausted!
Tonight, I informed Nola that I had to go back to work tomorrow & that she wouldn't be able to sleep in til 9am anymore or nap all day in the house.  She was NOT happy with me...I seriously think she's considering finding a new house with a stay at home mom. =)
Here's to 2016 being the best yet!  Stay tuned for a recap of 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment