Tuesday, July 22, 2014

{Life Lately...and a House Update}

When I blogged last - July 2nd - things were going great!  My cabinets were in, my tile had been laid, & everything had been painted.  I was supposed to have lights & floors the following week, and although I knew we wouldn't make the original mid-July closing date, I felt certain I would be moving in by the end of July, beginning of August.

Boy was I wrong.

Why haven't I had a blog update in 3 weeks you ask?  Well, that would be because there have been no changes.  I did get lights on July 4th and toilets were installed a few days later.  
{Real exciting progress, right??}
Since then, with the exception of a few mistakes being corrected, nothing has happened.  Nada.  Things are moving right along at the other houses around me, but for some reason - mine has come to halt.  To say I am frustrated is an understatement.  Frustration has now turned to anger & yesterday - I may have just about lost it.  If I had a Plan B - I would definitely be considering it.  

I have been told floors should be going in tomorrow & that things will start moving after that.  I will have to see it to believe it because right now, I am not real convinced.  There is still a laundry list a mile long of stuff that needs to be done.  I have heard that my walk-thrus aren't going to be until the last week in August with closing the first of September.  When I sold my house last May, I really expected to be in a house by this past April.  If only I had known then what I know now...

And so now I wait.  And add gray hair by the day.   We won't even talk about the broken out face from all the stress.  If you are looking for me, I'll either be in a bar or padded cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment