Thursday, December 31, 2020

{2020}

Wow.  What a year it has been.  I have never been so thankful to see a year end. 

The last time I blogged, it was April & we were about one month into Covid.  Never in a million years would I have thought that we would still be here in December...and most likely well into 2021.  At first I wasn't going to post because, well, we didn't do much.  But, I decided it was worth documenting anyway.

So here is a little look back at 2020!

Easter came & went and before we knew it, it was May.  We all got together for the first time on Mother's Day at my house.  
A few weeks later, Morgan & I did a virtual pie making class with Royer's.  If 2020 has taught us anything, it has taught us to think outside the box.
We finally had a girl's night {I was in desperate need of a margarita}.
And I graduated from my Leadership Washington County class.
By summer, stores & restaurants slowly started reopening, and we thought there might be an end in sight {boy were we wrong}.  I went shopping again {first time in stores in like 5 months!!} & masks became our new accessory.
I finally completed my backyard project...which no one has been able to enjoy yet.
We visited the new splashpad in town...because hello Texas summer!
Days, weeks & months are pretty much a blur at this point but it's now September.  Unfortunately, like everything else, our county fair was canceled.  They did have the livestock show and both Mason & Morgan showed.
On September 26th, Dad was gone one year so the entire family went to Matagorda for the weekend.  We had a really good time...it was nice to get away for a few days.
In October, Debbie retired from Blue Bell. =(
And Mason played football.
They finally held the Antique Festival in Warrenton.  I went, but didn't stay long or buy much.  It just wasn't the same.
I decided I did NOT care what people thought & put my Christmas tree up the weekend before Halloween.  Hello?! 2020 - enough said!  I needed a little happy in my life.
On October 30th, I was supposed to be in Austin at Taurie & Tanner's wedding, but unfortunately they had to downsize to family only.  Thank goodness for Zoom!
Surprisingly Halloween was relatively "normal".  We passed out candy & had lots of trick or treaters.
Blue Bell photographed some website items in my kitchen {who needs a Better Homes & Garden photoshoot...ha!}.
Nola turned 6 on November 3rd!
And Bo got a new puppy - Remi.
Mama turned 90 & since we still can't visit inside the nursing home, we had to celebrate through the fence.
Like everything else, Thanksgiving looked different too.  We celebrated at my house with good food & family so that's all that mattered.  No Thursday shopping this year so a few of us went Friday morning & hit up a few stores.  It was actually really quiet & the stores weren't crowded at all.
It's finally December & we spent most of the month doing this...
Covid cases were on the rise again so all the holiday events were canceled.  We watched every single Hallmark Christmas movie & Home Alone at least 5 times.  I did do a little holiday baking & the kiddos made a gingerbread house.
Because our town's Christmas parade got canceled, Santa drove the neighborhoods & wished everyone a Merry Christmas.
We saw the Christmas Star.

Had a few holiday cocktails.
And spent lots of time at home enjoying the Christmas decor.  This year definitely called for colored lights!
For the first time in as long as I can remember, I did not attended candlelight Christmas Eve service at church.  It's my absolute favorite.  But, we made the best of it...turned off the lights, lit some candles & watched from the living room in our pj's.  In the end, it wasn't so bad after all.
Nola was a good girl this year so on Christmas morning, Santa stopped by & left her some treats.  Of course she proved me wrong & snuck in there, took the blanket off the top of it and ripped up some of her presents.  I am telling you, that dog is like a kid!  Later that morning, we went out to Colby & Jodie's and watched Bo unwrap his presents from Santa.
Unfortunately we have not gotten to celebrate our Christmas yet.  Covid struck close to home...Corey, Amanda & Morgan all tested positive the week before Christmas.  They aren't quite feeling up to celebrating yet, but maybe this weekend.  Just gives me an excuse to leave my Christmas tree up a little longer...which I am not sad about. =)

Tonight is New Year's Eve & well, it will basically look like this.  We are going to party hard on the couch.
I am really, really hoping that 2021 starts looking up for everyone.  Not going to lie, it's been a tough year.  Wishing everyone a happy & healthy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment